Lozeau Drury is hiring an Associate Attorney with 1-4 years of experience.
In conjunction with one of the firm’s partners, the Associate Attorney will handle all aspects of state and federal administrative proceedings and federal and state court litigation. The Associate Attorney will be responsible for calendaring all deadlines in their assigned cases, preparing comment letters on proposed agency actions, preparing pleadings, conducting discovery for non-record review matters, and appearing before city departments, state agencies and, in coordination with the partners, agency and court hearings. Occasional overnight travel may be required once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
The Associate Attorney will also be responsible for handling individual legal research or investigation assignments on a case-by-case basis as requested by the partners. The Associate Attorney must be comfortable with sharing and adjusting workloads and assignments on short notice in order to assure efficient handling by the firm of all matters on the docket.
- JD and admission to California Bar (or pending admission )
- Exceptional legal writing, analytical, and oral advocacy skills
- A demonstrated commitment to public interest or environmental litigation
- Capacity to work intensively, efficiently, and independently
- Capacity to manage multiple proceedings
- Capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and work overtime when necessary
- Willingness to travel, including overnight trips
- Ability to understand and communicate complex legal and technical concepts
- Affinity for creative, aggressive, and strategic advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
Lozeau Drury LLP is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. Lozeau Drury LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Lozeau Drury LLP offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a pleasant (though sometimes hectic) working environment. Salary is based on a governmental scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample at our job posting on indeed here. No phone calls please.