Lozeau Drury is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Associate Attorney with 1-6 years of experience to join our team.
Working closely with one of our experienced partners, our Associates represent clients before local government agencies and in state and federal courts throughout California. As an Associate Attorney, your responsibilities will include tracking and managing deadlines in assigned cases, preparing comment letters on proposed agency actions, drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, appearing before city departments, state agencies, and at court hearings. In addition, the Associate Attorney will be entrusted with individual legal research of investigation assignments on a case-by-case basis as required by the partners. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
We value flexibility and teamwork, and you must be comfortable sharing and adjusting workloads and assignments on short notice to ensure the efficient handling of all matters on our docket by the firm.
- Knowledge of CEQA, and other state and federal environmental laws
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent research, analytic, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- 1-6 years of litigation experience preferred.
- California bar admission
Lozeau Drury LLP offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is commensurate with experience
Lozeau Drury LLP is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. Lozeau Drury LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample here. No phone calls please.